- This event has passed.
Essentials of Occupational Health,Safety & Disability Management Virtual Course
October 27 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$1,469
OOHNA is pleased to announce that we are delivering the Fall Course Virtually starting Tuesday, October 27, 2020. Virtual classes will be held every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6:30-9:30 pm until December 10, 2020.
This course is a 7-week certificate program designed to provide participants with an all-round introduction to the profession, ensuring they are equipped with the tools required to be successful occupational health, safety and disability management professionals.
This certificate is aimed at anyone looking to enter the field of Occupational Health and Safety, looking to expand their knowledge of disability management/WSIB/RTW, as well as those in varied occupational backgrounds. We are pleased to announce that this Essentials course can be used towards other accredited Occupational Health Certificate Programs.
The certificate in The Essentials of Occupational Health, Safety and Disability Management will:
- Help meet the educational “contact hours” for maintaining Occupational Health Nursing and other related professional designation certification
- Provide formal recognition of a participant’s ability to assess actual and potential hazards in the workplace and facilitate the safe return of employees following disability or injury
- Deliver opportunities for participants to learn new skills and knowledge
- Help participants develop competencies necessary to identify, assess and promote health and safety programs in a variety of work settings
- Be appropriate for individuals who are either new to the profession or more experienced
On achieving the Certificate in The Essentials of Occupational Health, Safety and Disability Management, participants will be equipped with a firm foundation that includes:
- Fundamental Elements of Occupational Health and Safety Systems
- Workplace and Worker Assessment
- Hazard and Risk
- Legislative Requirements
- WSIB / Disability Management / Return to Work
- Problem Solving Skills
OOHNA’s instructors are seasoned occupational health and safety professionals. They have lectured at the college and university level and each instructor will teach their specialty during the course.
Class schedule: Classes are held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Attendance, case studies, class participation and a final exam are all considered when final grades are evaluated.