While you are providing on-the-job health care services for your company, OOHNA is on the job providing professional support for YOU. Since 1971, OOHNA has been the professional organization for registered nurses who provide occupational health care for Ontario’s workers. We began as an affiliation of local groups of occupational health nurses, and in 1973 we formally incorporated as a not-for-profit organization. From the beginning, our association has been run entirely by and for the people it serves. Today, we proudly represent the vast majority of registered nurses who work in the occupational health field in Ontario.
You qualify for membership in OOHNA if you are a Nurse holding a current license and are practicing in a Canadian province or territory.
Membership benefits include:
Demonstrate your commitment to furthering the health and wellbeing of workers across Ontario while positioning your career for growth:
- Access to industry-leading professional development
- Resources to help you grow in your career:
- Salary Survey
- Articles, Resources and journals to keep you up-to-date and informed
- Internationally recognized Journal of the Ontario Occupational Health Nurses, published two times a year
- E-newsletter, published five times a year with current legal, health and wellness and political information
- Cost savings
- Legal expense and Professional Liability Insurance
- Pro Bono legal assistance at no extra charge
- Continuing Education funding through the Pat Ewen Bursary
- Financial assistance for certifying and re-certifying COHN(C)
- Access to active job postings from across Ontario
- Peer-to-peer support and access to member-only online forum
- Unique networking opportunities and events
- Input and participation to help drive the OHN agenda with the Ontario Government
- And more!