The OOHNA Webinar series is structured to ensure participants are up to date with industry knowledge aiming to keep OHNs crucial and relevant within the business equation.
2021 Winter Webinars
Nancy J. Gowan, B.H.Sc. (O.T.), O.T. Reg. (Ont.), CDMP
President, Gowan Health Consultants and Gowan Consulting
Managing Your Mental Health- Compassion Fatigue in Times of Crisis
WHEN: MONDAY, MARCH 1, 12-1:30 PM
THIS IS A FREE WEBINAR FOR OOHNA MEMBERS!
Register today, there are only 100 spots!
Join Nancy Gowan for this 1.5-hour session will provide an overview of compassion fatigue as well as practical strategies that you can use to support your mental health and wellbeing during this Crisis. This is aimed at supporting OHN’s in having tools and techniques to stay well and recover from compassion fatigue. Join Nancy Gowan from Gowan Consulting in learning how to look after you because SELF CARE IS NOT SELFISH! Take time for YOU!
Nancy Gowan is a registered Occupational Therapist and Certified Disability Management Professional with experience working in industrial rehabilitation, mental health, accommodation and stay at work planning.
She is the founder of a national health and disability management company offering support across Canada and now into the US. Over more than 30 years, she has worked in partnership with employers, employees, and unions to develop customized strategies that improve employee success, health, and productivity.
She has presented at national and international forums on accommodation and disability management and regularly contributes to disability management education through workshops and training programs as well as online newsletters.
Among her many publications, dating back to 1990, Nancy coauthored a chapter on “Ergonomics in Disability Management” in Ergonomics for Therapists, 3rd edition, 2007. She has written the “Human Resource Managers Guide to Managing Disability in the Workplace” with Carswell, Thomson Reuter’s first edition published in 2010 and second edition published in 2016.
Ryan J. conlin, Stringer LLP
Beginning of the End? COVID-19 Vaccine and Employers’ Rights
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH , 12-1PM
Archived recording available for purchase!
Join Ryan J. Conlin, partner, Stringer LLP, specialists in HR Law as he expands on his article of the same name that was featured in the January/February 2021 issue of OOHNA’s e-newsletter.
“Any mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy would likely be scrutinized – weighing the privacy implications of a mandatory vaccine policy against the objective of stopping the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace both for the benefit of the public and, pursuant to occupational health and safety legislation (“OHSA”), employees.”
The webinar will cover:
1. What role should an employer play in the administration of the COVID vaccine and rapid testing?
2. If administered by the employer, what are the liability issues?
3.Can employers insist that all workers participate? What about essential workers?
4. Does regular case law hold/apply to mandatory vaccination and mandatory testing during a worldwide pandemic?
5. Do we need to accommodate workers refusing to participate?
6. General privacy issues related to: worker refusal to participate, informing management of positive test results, and the need to accommodate the non-vaccinated workers.
Kristan Rossetto, R. Kin, A.E., B.Sc., H.K., GradCert ESLM, Ergonomic, Health & Wellness Consultant, ERGO Inc.
THE VIRTUAL OFFICE: REQUIREMENTS & TIPS FOR AN ERGONOMIC WORKSPACE
WHEN: WED, JANUARY 27TH , 12-1PM Archived webinar now available for purchase!
Many of us are now conducting work virtually from the “comfort” of our homes. But for some their home workspace may not be “comfortable” at all. Some of us be working in spaces not intended for computer work and may not have the equipment necessary for proper computer set up. This session will assist employees and employers with what they should know about employee home offices.
This session will discuss the following:
- Requirements for home offices – CSA ergonomic standard, legal issues
- Responsibility for home office workspace
- Practical tips for using equipment and material you already have to optimize your workstation set up
- Finding a good workspace, chair to sit on and tools to support adjusting your equipment
- Tips for finding cost effective ergonomic products
- Question period following session
A handout on proper computer set up, along with a proper chair adjustment video will be provided to attendees after the webinar.
- Visit the OOHNA Member Portal
- Locate the Registration Area
- Create a New Registration
- Select Webinars
- From there follow prompts to select the topic(s) you are interested in and enter payment information (note: OOHNA members receive preferential pricing!)
Your seat will be saved once the processing of payment is complete. You will receive an automated email payment confirmation receipt. Webinar registration is for a single registrant. During Q & A, participants will have the ability to pose questions via written script as well as telephonically.
Can’t attend live? No problem. We’ll be sending out the recording and materials after the webinar session to all registrants. Webinar fee is non-refundable.